WHO WE ARE
The Madison Free Clinic, Inc. is a non-profit organization that enables uninsured residents of Madison County, Virginia who meet the guidelines, to be provided with medical care and medications. The clinic also provides limited dental and vision care, in addition to nutritional counseling.
HOW WE OPERATE
Our doctors, physician’s assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, and pharmacists provide volunteer services in their own offices.
All patients must be screened. Potential patients may come to the clinic for eligibility screening on Tuesdays from 3-6 p.m, Thursdays from 4-7 p.m. and Wednesdays from 9 a.m. – Noon.
WHAT WE PROVIDE
- Primary health care with a $3 charge per doctor appointment
- Limited dental services
- Limited vision care
- Some laboratory tests
- Generic medications and insulin through the Madison Drug Company with a $3 charge for each prescription up to $150 per month
- Brand name medications can be ordered through the pharmacy connection program
- Assistance with signing up for Medicaid if eligible
- We cannot provide medications that are controlled substances, i.e., pain medications, opiates or relaxants
HOURS AND LOCATION
Our office is located at 410 N Main St, behind and down the hill from the Madison County Administration Building.
Our office hours are Tuesdays from 3 pm-6 pm, Wednesdays from 9 am-noon, and Thursdays from 4 pm-7 pm. Beginning May 2, 2020, we will be open from 1 pm-4 pm.
DURING THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC, PLEASE CALL US AT (540) 948-3667 BEFORE COMING TO THE OFFICE
Sentara Martha Jefferson Medical Group
William Laffond, MD
UVA Primary Care Commonwealth
Doctors provided by UVA Physicians Group
UVA Physicians of Orange
Eve Bargmann, MD
Wellspring (N Culpeper office)
J. Yates Sealander, MD
Cynthia Napier, FNP
Susan Seleski, PA
Madison Drug Company
The Madison Lions Club
Candace Cowan, CNS-E
WE ARE SUPPORTED BY
- The Virginia Association of Free Clinics
- Piedmont United Way
- The generosity of local citizens, churches, businesses, foundations and the Madison County Board of Supervisors
- Volunteers provide almost all of our services. If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-948-3667 during business hours
HOW TO FIND US
We are located at the West entrance of the Madison County Health Department building at 410 N Main Street, Madison VA 22727
ELIGIBILITY SCREENING HOURS
Tuesdays from 3-6 p.m., Thursdays 4-7 p.m. and Wednesdays 9 a.m. -Noon